Assalamu Aliakum Wa Rahmatu Allah Wa Barakatu
Alhamdulillah, as we near the start of blessed month of Ramadan we ask Allah Subhanhu wa Ta’ala to deliver us to Ramadan in the best state of Iman and health.
As we prepare for Ramadan a few announcements and reminders:
- This year the SMCC has partnered with Life to deliver Ramadan Baskets to needy muslim countries, each Ramadan Basket costs $60 and all the funds go directly towards the purchase of food items that support one family for the entire month of Ramadan. We have started collecting funds to support this effort and if you would like to help, you can donate through our website – Click here to donate – or use Interac e-Transfer through online banking or your banking app. Please put “Ramadan Basket” in the comment feild to ensure that the funds are directed appropriately.
- We continue to collect non-perishable food items at both Masjid Annoor and Annoor Islamic Centre in support of the Edmonton Food Bank and the ICNA Food Bank. If interested in supporting this effort, please drop off your items at either Masjid Annoor or Annoor Islamic Centre.
- Starting the first of Ramadan, we will have a brief daily reminder at both Masjid Annoor or Annoor Islamic Centre immediately after Asr prayer.
- Taraweeh Prayers this Ramadan will be subject to AHS restrictions and will be based on a first come first serve basis. We realize that we will have to turn away some of our congregation and we thank you for your understanding as we continue to balance the needs of our congregation and the need to protect you against the spread of Covid-19.
- For all prayers, all those attending will be required to wear a mask, bring their own prayer mats, and maintain 2 meter social distancing – no exceptions. Please leave your young children at home.
- This year we will not permit any food to be shared for iftar. We advise those attending Maghrib prayers to bring their own food for their own iftar and not to share or accept food from others to limit the risk of Covid-19 transmissions.
- As the Taraweeh Prayers will end at a late hour, please do not gather or converse loudly outside the Masajid as this will disturb our neighbors who will typically be resting at this time of night.
We thank you all for your cooperation and understanding.