Assalamu Aliakum Wa Rahmatu Allah Wa Barakatuh,
On May 12, 2020, the office of the Premier issued an email to religious assemblies informing that congregational assemblies and prayers to a maximum of 50 people or up to a third of the normal capacity of the assembly hall whichever is less may resume. There are also other restriction to maintain physical distancing of 2 meters minimum, alongside other rules to clean the surfaces after each congregational prayer.
Alhamdulilah, the Annoor Islamic Centre and Masjid Annoor will commence Taraweeh Prayers with a maximum capacity of 50 Musalleen starting tomorrow Thursday May 14. Jumaa Prayers will commence with 50 person limit starting this coming Friday Insha Allah. As we have special conditions to comply with, we request all to adhere to the following guidelines for both Jumaa and Taraweeh:
- Entrance into both Masajid will be on a first come first served basis. If you come and the doors are locked or if you enter and all the designated spots are taken, please leave the masjid promptly so that we maintain the maximum capacity as designated by the government.
- We will be maintaining physical distancing of 2 meters and each prayer spot has been marked on the floor
- Please bring your prayer mat with you, there will be limited number of paper mats available. If you use one of the disposable paper mats, please place it in the garbage can at the end of the prayers.
- The washrooms will be closed so please come with Wudu.
- There will be no food or water allowed for sharing inside the Masjid. You can can bring your own water bottle and please take it home with you at the end of prayers.
- Those over 70 years of age or those with pre-existing illness should not come to the Masjid.
- Children under 14 years of age should not come to the Masjid.
- Anyone not feeling well or has any signs of illness, coughing, sneezing, or even the slightest elevated temperature please do not come to the masjid for the protection of all the Musalleens insha Allah.
- Ishaa Prayer will be immediately after Azan followed by Taraweeh prayer.
- Jumaa Prayer at Annoor Islamic Centre will be at 2:00pm
- Jumaa Prayer at Masjid Annoor will be immediately after Azan